Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Frame - Life's Challenge


A poem prompted by Magpie Tales # 37

A Framework of Pent-up Emotions

A jaundiced view through glassy eyes
My intentions fulfilled I remained calm
Prying, groping, wondering,wherever it lies
Have I realized now how was it done?

No, my mind’s filled with life’s problems
Endlessly trying to alter the mode
Needless to assume it’s such a burden
A damper to all efforts to lighten the load

A lost soul wrought with trying times
Can I expect solace wherever that be
Must I venture through without a dime
And picture good times most readily

Yes, I must, none who owes me a living
Made up my mind, will not be glum
The whole wide world is always forgiving
I’ll work my ways forward, I would have won!

8 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

I really liked the last stanza. Nice magpie!

Kathe W. said...

Love the last verse especially!
Well done!

Stafford Ray said...

'Made up my mind, will not be glum'
That's it.

kaykuala said...

Dear Ms Susan,Kathew and Mr Ray,

The last stanza that I laboured a bit more to balance the negatives of earlier ones.

This is my first ever posting on magpie. Thanks for dropping by.

Al-Manar said...

Keep it up. Tak lama lagi jadi tahap antarabangsa.
Salaam

kaykuala said...

Dear Pakcik,
Thank you, It's most reassuring!

ninotaziz said...

Lovely, keep the momentum going. Remember to add a link back to Magpie Tales at www.magpietales.blogspot.com

kaykuala said...

Dear Ninotaziz Ma'am,
Link done. Thanks for reminder